MTD - DOC 2000 freezes on umount

Mark Richards markr at massmicro.com
Tue Jan 20 08:51:26 EST 2004

Update... I have also discovered that sometimes the first umount works, but
a subsequent umount (preceded of course by a mount) also freezes.  In
addition, I also get an occasional freeze-up when issuing the mount command.

If I don't umount at the commandline, but instead call a reboot, the file
system umounts fine - question: since I have mounted the MTD manually, is it
considered part of the file system to be umounted when the machine shuts
down?

This is more a nuisance, as are the occasional freeze-ups I experience just
accessing the DOC once mounted, but since it's a departure from the previous
good performance, perhaps it's worth looking into?

Mark Richards