Booting directly to JFFS2 question

James Ewing james.ewing at sveasoft.com
Thu Jan 15 15:01:09 EST 2004

Hi David,

The partitions are setup dynalically, yes.

It looks like JFFS2 uses a 2 byte magic number with a varying 2 byte block
type. My guess is that I need to look for any of the permutations and return
a pointer if found.

My next question is how to add the boot/startup code to do_mounts.c.
Currently it finds the super_block and returns it to the routines for ext2,
cramfs, etc.

What would the return to JFFS2 look like?

Thanks for the help.

James