JFFS2 mount time

Kenneth Johansson kenneth.johansson at etx.ericsson.se
Tue Jan 13 11:21:15 EST 2004

On Tue, 2004-01-13 at 16:30, David Woodhouse wrote:

> > When I tried to be smart and skip the copy and only read in what needed
> > to be read that was significantly slower.
>
> Bear in mind that the question was about NAND flash though -- it's not
> directly deferenceable, and you're not going to get the same results.

hmm I reread the firt post why is read so slow?? When I thought about
using nand I read that reading a byte took something like 50 ns. That is
like 20MB per second for an 8 bit device. This is in the region where it
did not pay to be smart,the accesses overhead to do read only what's
needed is greater than the time wasted reading uneccessary data.