best nand flash fs for 2.0.38 kernel?

luoxiao luoxiao at roxus.net
Fri Jan 9 02:07:23 EST 2004

Hi, all

I'm currently trying to add nand flash file system support for the linux
2.0.38 porting on my company's product. I choosed the JFFS but the JFFS2
because it fits the old 2.0.x kernel. In the processing of porting I met a
lot of troubles and I thought some of them are caused by bugs of JFFS code
rather by my porting. So a question is: is the JFFS stable enough for product
usage? I saw it is still in the fs/ directory of the brand-new 2.6.0 kernel.
Does this fact mean that the version of JFFS in the 2.6.0 kernel is stable
enough to use? I've searched the docs and mail archive but it seems that no
one is using JFFS now. So the question is: what is the best nand flash file
system for the 2.0.x kernel?

Any hints are appreciated, thanks!

Xiao Luo
Operating System Dept.