JFFS2 on Nand

Thomas Gleixner tglx at linutronix.de
Fri Feb 27 18:14:25 EST 2004

On Friday 27 February 2004 23:21, Ranjan Parthasarathy wrote:
> Hi
>
> How do I make a JFFS2 image for a NAND device with the OOB data included in
> the image. I have the new mkfs.jffs2 and related utils from cvs.
>
> Currently when I run
> # nandwrite -j -o /dev/mtd/1 jffs2.img
> I get the following message-
> Input file is not page aligned: Success

Input files should be page aligned, as NAND should be written with full page
writes only. So the utility notifies you, if the image is not page aligned.
This will result in some uncritical warning messages, if you mount the
partition.

> The jffs2.img was created using mkfs.jffs2 -r <root> -o jffs2.img

Try:

where <erasesize> is the blocksize of your NAND chip

-n disables cleanmarker insertion at the beginning of each block, as the
cleanmarkers are stored in the oob area

--
Thomas
linutronix - competence in embedded & realtime linux
mail: tglx at linutronix.de