JFFS2 Corruption.

simon at baydel.com simon at baydel.com
Wed Feb 25 04:49:55 EST 2004

On 24 Feb 2004 at 18:05, David Woodhouse wrote:

> On Tue, 2004-02-24 at 17:05 +0000, Simon Haynes wrote:
> > Would you recommend changing the printk for the "Empty Flash"
> > messages to a different level and using the ramdisk as a permanent
> > solution ?
>
> Changing the printk level for the 'Empty Flash' messages does seem
> appropriate -- or preferably finding a way to eliminate the ones which

Yesteday I managed to reproduce the problem using /dev/ram. The first message I
noticed was

jffs2_get_inode_nodes(): Data CRC failed on node at 0x00050748: Read
0x0b5da171, calculated 0xb1b1dbb

This happened some time after the kernel mounted root. On following reboots this
message was not displayed but I did get one

jffs2_scan_dirent_node(): Node CRC failed on node at 0x0046a7f0
read 0xffffffff calculated 0xdec8161b

message.

As I do mount read only on shutdown I assume this is corruption ?

Cheers

Simon.

Simon Haynes - Baydel
Phone : 44 (0) 1372 378811