JFFS2 Corruption.

Simon Haynes simon at baydel.com
Tue Feb 24 12:05:03 EST 2004

On Tuesday 24 Feb 2004 4:51 pm, David Woodhouse wrote:
> Hack JFFS2 to always get_mtd_device number 2 and boot with
> root=/dev/ram0

Sorry again for being so stupid. I know you have only told me half a dozen
times that JFFS2 does not use the block read and write routines.

I have done this and rebooted several times. Normally I would expect a CRC
error within a couple or reboots. As yet I have no CRC errors but I do get a
large number of "Empty Flash" messages, about 15 per reboot. I do not see any
of these if I boot via the network and mount and dismount the smc ?

I will keep rebooting over night and hack the kernel to panic on a CRC error.

Would you recommend changing the printk for the "Empty Flash" messages to a
different level and using the ramdisk as a permanent solution ?