JFFS2 Corruption.

Simon Haynes simon at baydel.com
Tue Feb 24 09:58:32 EST 2004

On Tuesday 24 Feb 2004 2:56 pm, David Woodhouse wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-02-24 at 14:25 +0000, Simon Haynes wrote:
> > /smc is mounted read only and I cannot write to it.
> >
> > surely this is the same as not remounting root read write ?
>
> Hmmm. What happens if you mount -oremount,rw?

I have just created the fs with a rw mtdblock kernel and rebooted with a ro
mtdblock. This attempts to remount rw but it cannot.

I have tried booting from the network with a ro mtdblock kernel and
performing the following operation.

-bash-2.05b# mount -t jffs2 /dev/mtdblock2 /smc
mount: block device /dev/mtdblock2 is write-protected, mounting read-only
-bash-2.05b# mount -oremount,rw /smc
mount: block device /dev/mtdblock2 is write-protected, mounting read-only
-bash-2.05b# cat /proc/mounts
rootfs / rootfs rw 0 0
/dev/root / nfs rw,v2,rsize=4096,wsize=4096,hard,udp,nolock,addr=192.9.200.22
0 0
/proc /proc proc rw 0 0
/dev/mtdblock2 /smc jffs2 ro 0 0
-bash-2.05b#

I guess this is not how things are supposed to work. Are there any kernel
settings I should check ?

Cheers

Simon.