JFFS2 messages at shutdown

Bruce Penrod bmpenrod at endruntechnologies.com
Tue Feb 17 01:50:04 EST 2004

I am using the MTD/JFFS2 contained in kernel 2.4.20 on a board with a
FLASH configuration that is essentially the AMD NETSC520 evaluation
board, i.e. two AM29LV641 chips on a 32 bit bus.  The erase block size
for the two chips together is 128KB.  I have two JFFS2 partitions, each
having 1024KB, so I meet the 5 erase blocks minimum requirement.
Everything seems to be working OK, and has been for quite some time.
However, there does seem to be a discrepancy between what df reports on
the jffs2 partitions and what the actual files sizes stored there are.
Perhaps this has been fixed in a later version?

The other question I have is whether or not to worry about these
messages, which are displayed while INIT is running the shutdown script:

jffs2: No clean _or_ dirty blocks to GC from! Where are they all?
jffs2: Couldn't find erase block to garbage collect!

Thanks,

Bruce