CFI command set 0002 (AMD/Fujitsu) work.

David Vrabel dvrabel at arcom.com
Mon Feb 16 09:24:43 EST 2004

Hi,

I'm currently working on cfi_cmdset_0002.c to get erase-suspend-program
working.  So far I've taken all the chip status checking code and
refactored it into a single function -- it was all a bit of a mess.

A couple of questions:

1. There's a fair amount of crap related to very broken SST chips (all
the stuff for retrying commands).  a) This is mess and appears only
applicable to a very few number of chips; b) I'm not sure it would even
work if talking to the chip is broken then retrying a few times won't
guarantee it will work.  I'd suggest removing this stuff from
cfi_cmdset_0002.c.  Clearly the SST chips aren't compliant even though
they claim to be.  Thoughts?

2. The "fast programming" feature (unlock bypass) which is currently
always disabled (due to "code brokeness"). I don't believe this will
ever work with erase-suspends.  Should the "fast programming" stuff be
removed?

David Vrabel
--
David Vrabel, Design Engineer

Arcom, Clifton Road           Tel: +44 (0)1223 411200 ext. 3233
Cambridge CB1 7EA, UK         Web: http://www.arcom.com/