Copy files to jffs2 partition have problem

David Woodhouse postmaster at infradead.org
Fri Feb 6 02:51:17 EST 2004

On Fri, 2004-02-06 at 12:34 +0800, Pham Huy Vu wrote:
> Hi Jonas,
> Thanks for your reply,

Your last message to the list was rejected, partly because you
top-posted. Yet you repeated the offence.

Do it again and you get a personal entry in the blacklist.

> Last[3] is 10, datum is 14000010
> Write of 71 bytes at 0x000fe494 failed. returned 0, retlen 68
> I think mtd driver is ok,
> I just think the jffs2 fs or mkfs.jffs2 have bugs???

It's the other way around. The error you see is in the flash driver. We
really shouldn't have the top bits set in 'datum' if buswidth is 2. I
have a recollection of this bug having been fixed already. What version
of drivers/mtd/chips/cfi_cmdset_0002.c do you have? (The $ID:... $ tag
near the top of the file).

--
dwmw2