INFTL bad block table support

Edward A. Hildum ehildum at mail.arc.nasa.gov
Wed Feb 4 17:44:45 EST 2004

I've got a DOC 2000 TSOP that I'd really like to use for booting an i386
system.

Using the 2004/2/2 CVS, I see that bad block table support is still missing
from the
INFTL driver.  If I comment out the if statement in docprobe.c that
disables INFTL
support for doc2000 TSOP, I can see and mount the existing partitions on my
device,
though I get various messages about formatting and erase errors for blocks
in the BBT.

I would be glad to test code for INFTL BBT support if anyone wants to pass
it to me.

I've looked briefly at docprobe.c, doc2000.c, inftlcore.c and
inftlmount.c.  According to
the archives, it may not be a large effort to implement BBT awareness.  Can
someone
give me some pointers as to what needs to be done and in which functions?

Many thanks,
Ted Hildum