[patch] remove unnessesary casts from drivers/mtd/maps/nettel.c and kill two warnings

Jörn Engel joern at wohnheim.fh-wedel.de
Mon Dec 27 12:21:34 EST 2004

On Sun, 26 December 2004 22:13:48 +0100, Jesper Juhl wrote:

> I took a look at the cause for these warnings in the 2.6.10 kernel,
>
> drivers/mtd/maps/nettel.c:361: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast
> drivers/mtd/maps/nettel.c:395: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast
>
> and as far as I can see the casts in there (to unsigned long and back to
> void*) are completely unnessesary ('virt' in 'struct map_info' is a void
> __iomem *), and getting rid of those casts buys us a warning free build.
>
> Are there any reasons not to apply the patch below?
> Unfortunately I don't have hardware to test this patch, so it has been
> compile tested only.

Neither do I, but the patch looks fine to me.  Give Greg a grace
period, in case he knows better.  And interpret this as a personal
opinion, not as dwmw2's final word.

If it helps:
Acked-by: Jörn Engel <joern at wh.fh-wedel.de>

Jörn

--
To recognize individual spam features you have to try to get into the
mind of the spammer, and frankly I want to spend as little time inside