DOC2000 bootloader

Stephan Wiebusch stephanwib at t-online.de
Tue Dec 21 11:29:11 EST 2004

Hello!

I am not able to boot my Linux 2.6.9 Kernel from a 16MB DOC2000 device.

I am not able to compile Grub. I already asked because of this, but there
came no reply.

Lilo is able to boot the Kernel, but it ends with: "Kernel panic - not
syncing. VFS: Unable to mount root on device "<NULL>" or
unknown-block(254,0)"

The Kernel contains the new NAND DiskOnChip-driver and the ext2fs-driver as
built-in.
The Kernel and the root-fs seem to be OK, but it simply does not work :(

My lilo.conf looks like this:

-------------------------------------
boot=/dev/nftla
compact
install=/boot/boot.b
disk=/dev/nftla
	bios=0x80

prompt
delay=50
timeout=20

image=/boot/vmlinuz-2.6.9
	label=LinuxSTB
	root=/dev/nftla1

Any ideas??

I would like to test a precompiled grub_firmware with ext2 support.
Can anybody send this to: stephanwib at t-online.de

Thanks
Stephan