PATCH to help understanding

Charles Manning manningc2 at actrix.gen.nz
Thu Dec 16 22:24:09 EST 2004

Hi folks

I propose the following patches to mtd.h to help the understanding of these
functions.

read_ecc() and write_ecc() use the argument eccbuff, but this is really oob
data being passed. The oob data might contain ecc info as well as other
stuff. With the preferred autoplacement model, this will not have ecc info in
it. Therefore I suggest a rename on this parameter.

suspend() and resume() are surely the functions for erase suspend and erase
resume (for those NOR devices that provide this). Perhaps I goofed here and
these are really power control functions (which would seem rather dodgy). If
these are really power control fns, then where does erase suspend/resume get
exposed?

-- Charles