Big Problem with DOC 128Mbyte Help! ADDED Note

Dave Dillow dave at thedillows.org
Wed Dec 15 17:55:51 EST 2004

On Wed, 2004-12-15 at 17:22, Dave Dillow wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-12-15 at 09:49, Carlos, John J USAATC wrote:
> > The docfdisk utility shows that there are two partitions.  The BDL and the
> > BDTL partition.  Could this be giving me problems?  Should I get rid of the
> > two partitions and have one large one?  Is that even possible?
>
> IIRC, the BDL partition is the DOC BIOS extension, which you'll need for
> using a standard BIOS.
>
> The BDTL is the actual data partition.
>
> Your setup is normal.

Argh. I should add that is normal for using M-System's BIOS extensions
to boot like you would from any other BIOS device, like a hard drive.

Have you tried an alternate means of booting? Perhaps using a modified
grub in place of M-System's BIOS driver? I've not tried it, but it could
help you avoid having their code trample your filesystem
--
Dave Dillow <dave at thedillows.org>