jffs2 - mtd - nand flash works....except....

MQuicquaro at necii.com MQuicquaro at necii.com
Tue Dec 14 18:09:40 EST 2004

Hi all,
My system is running as described in the subject....

a nand flash with mtd and jffs2.

Just about everything seems to be working great as far as I can see
except subsector writing.

I get CRC errors when I load my kernel sometimes and I assume
its because of this problem.

Is there something that anyone can think of that would cause this kind
of behavior?  I've racked my brain and can't come up with anything.

As far as my low level hardware interface goes, I imagine that it must
work ok since everything else is fine.

Any  help would be appreciated.

Here is output from 'nandtest':

# nandtest /dev/mtd/0
MTD_open
MTD_ioctl
meminfo.oobsize = 16
meminfo.oobblock = 512
meminfo.erasesize = 16384
This will erase the first block of device, continue? y

Performing Flash Erase of length 16384 at offset 0...
MTD_ioctl
OK
Test if block was erased...MTD_read
MTD_ioctl