DOC 128 Mbyte, which boot loader?

Carlos, John J USAATC john.carlos at atc.army.mil
Mon Dec 13 07:33:34 EST 2004

Hello all,

  I have a DOC 128Mbyte DIP on a pc104 board.  I am running 2.4.28 kernel
with a recent patch from MTD site.  Modules loaded are DiskONChip, Inftl,
Mtdchar, Mtdblock.  I can access the chip, read and write to it.  I am
having problems booting from it.  I have Lilo-22.6.1 and Grub ver .95.  I
have not been able to get either of the boot loaders to work.  Looking at
Lilo and the patch I don't see inftl device support in it.  I am not sure do
I need to patch Lilo or Grub?  The patches in the patch directory are for
earlier versions of Lilo and Grub.  Could someone please advice on if I need
to patch these later versions???  I also read the info on using Grud with
DOC.  Is that info current?

Thanks,
John