cfi_cmdset_0002: don't use jiffies for short timeouts

David Vrabel dvrabel at arcom.com
Fri Dec 3 05:47:30 EST 2004

Hi,

Due to problems I've been having with short timeouts expiring early [1]
I propose the following patch:

   - Add word_write_time_max, write_buffer_time_max, erase_time_max
field to struct flchips.
   - Fill in the above fields based on the CFI data.
   - Use a simple down counter for the timeout on word and buffer writes
instead of jiffies and time_after().

The first two bits seem generally useful so I could commit those if the
3rd part is acceptable.

[1]
http://lists.arm.linux.org.uk/pipermail/linux-arm-kernel/2004-December/025695.html

David Vrabel
--
David Vrabel, Design Engineer

Arcom, Clifton Road           Tel: +44 (0)1223 411200 ext. 3233
Cambridge CB1 7EA, UK         Web: http://www.arcom.com/