Multiple banks of flash?

Jörn Engel joern at wohnheim.fh-wedel.de
Wed Dec 1 08:22:40 EST 2004

On Tue, 30 November 2004 03:11:15 +0100, Rainer Weikusat wrote:

> >> Various people have written something like this at different times
> >> :->.
> >
> > Indeed.  Joern's just happened to be the one I am most familiar with.
> > But since lots of different implementations have been written, it makes
> > one wonder why none are in CVS...
>
> Open Source Mantra: 'Not my problem'.

And embedded seems to be extremely devoted to that mantra.  It was
quite a learning experience (buzzword of the year) to figure that one
out.  Writing code is just 1% of the work.  Debugging it is 9%.
Getting it into some standard (Linux kernel, libc, whatever) is 90%.

And with the 'Not my problem.' mentality, the whole 90% are left to
the original author, who finally gives up and moves on to something
less frustrating.  Or at least gets a job and has someone pay for it.

Jörn

--
He that composes himself is wiser than he that composes a book.
-- B. Franklin