jffs2 file corruption

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Tue Aug 31 11:41:09 EDT 2004

On Tue, 2004-08-31 at 09:59 -0500, Brian T wrote:
> Attached is my zipped syslog. From bootup, I touched a file, and then
> echo'd some chars into it.  Everthing looks fine, even the file.

Logging via syslog is too lossy to be useful. Please obtain messages
over a serial console or possibly netconsole if that's reliable enough.

You need even the KERN_DEBUG messages which are absent from your syslog,
too.

I need to see what it said while it wrote the new file, then what it
said while remounting the offending file system. If you can take a
snapshot of the flash after writing the file and turning the machine
off, but before remounting it, that would be useful too.

--
dwmw2