Incomplete nodes written to flash

Felix Domke tmbinc at elitedvb.net
Tue Aug 31 08:14:40 EDT 2004

Josh Boyer wrote:

>Have you actually lost data?  I have seen the case where GC nodes don't
>get flushed to the medium on my board, but I haven't lost data.

u-boot's jffs2_1pass ignores CRCs (i know, bad behaviour. I should fix
that, or is there any other jffs2 reader avaiable?), and thus prefers
the latest, incomplete version of the file.

>pdflushd will write out non-GC nodes.  GC nodes aren't flushed because
>of wasted space with padding I suppose.

Ok, that sounds good.

I now see that the garbage collection is done to fill up write buffers,
i.e. flush the important data to flash.

Felix