Bottom halves being disabled

Josh Boyer jdub at us.ibm.com
Tue Aug 24 08:28:20 EDT 2004

On Tue, 2004-08-24 at 07:09, Ed Co wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> In the NOR driver code, the spin locks are acquired
> everywhere with bottom halves disabled using the
> spin_lock_bh() API. My doubt is why are the bottom
> halves disabled? (Doesn't that add to the real time
> latency on the system!)

What version of the code are you using, and which driver?  I seem to
remember dwmw2 doing a s/spin_lock_bh/spin_lock a while ago since MTD
doesn't even use bottom halves.

Latest CVS shows only cfi_cmdset_0020.c, amd_flash.c, and sharp.c as
using spin_lock_bh().  Of those three, two are obsolete and the other is
in need of fixing.

josh