JFFS2 with AM29LV256M

Manfred Gruber gruber.m at utanet.at
Thu Aug 19 05:40:53 EDT 2004

Am Donnerstag, 19. August 2004 10:32 schrieben Sie:

> Our code which should handle suspending erases to allow programming is
> broken. So we disabled it -- you have to wait for erases to complete
> before the code will write data to the flash instead.

Then i have to change the do_write_oneword function to wait until erase is
finshed ?

> That's odd. You have indeed done the correct things -- but writing to
> the /dev/mtd2 device works, while jffs2 writes don't. I don't quite see
> what's different.

the difference is: cp rootfs.img /dev/mtd only uses:

MTD_write
MTD_do_write_buffer
and so on ...

and cp a file on the mounted image uses:

MTD do_write_buffer(): WRITE 0x0028641c(0xe0011985)
MTD do_write_oneword(): WRITE 0x0028641c(0xd5997a45)
MTD do_write_oneword(): software timeout
MTD do_write_oneword(): software timeout
MTD do_write_oneword(): software timeout
MTD do_write_oneword(): software timeout
Write of 45 bytes at 0x0004641c failed. returned -5, retlen 36

> There have been some changes to the chip driver for AMD chips recently.
> Out of interest, could you try an unpatched 2.6.8 kernel and see if that
> behaves the same?

I have done this with a 2.6.8-rc3 there was the same problem, because of that
i haved used the snapshot of yesterday.

thanks regards manfred