MTD patches

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Tue Aug 17 10:07:34 EDT 2004

On Tue, 2004-08-17 at 15:00 +0100, Ian Campbell wrote:
> What is the procedure WRT updating upstream when committing to CVS?
> Should I commit and then send a patch via Linus or do you like to bundle
> up changes and send them all together?

It depends -- in general I prefer changes to go to Linus _via_ CVS, so
that the $Id$ change gets to Linus too, and then it's easier for me to
later work out what changes have been made in Linus' tree by comparing
against the version in CVS with matching $Id$.

In this case, however, there have been other changes to that file since
I last merged with Linus, which probably want a little more testing
before they're sent upstream. So if you're desperate for it to go
upstream immediately, just send it without the ident change (and _also_
commit to CVS).

--
dwmw2