Problem writing to NOR flash

Eric W. Biederman ebiederman at lnxi.com
Thu Aug 12 02:59:37 EDT 2004

ebiederman at lnxi.com (Eric W. Biederman) writes:

> Andy Hawkins <a.hawkins at cabletime.com> writes:
>

> > If so,
> > what is the *correct* way for this code to determine whether or not they
> > are needed (this code is in a 'generic' file, so I'm surprised that
> > there's chip specific information in there).
>

> I have the first chunk done but I'm not ready to check it
> in until I have a chance to test it.  And I am swamped right now..

Well the changes wound up being a little more extensive than
I described them.  But the code in cfi_cmdset_0001 and cfi_cmdset_0002 should
now be free of incorrect assumptions about what a flash chip can do.

As for the correct way to do this it probably still needs a little more
code review but there are fixup functions that are called when command sets
are initialized that allow for weird cases to be special cased.

Eric