FAT corruption

Kalev Lember kalev at colleduc.ee
Thu Apr 15 14:20:39 EDT 2004

Hi,

I am having trouble with current mtd code and linux 2.6.5 kernel.

I have a 16MB DoC Millennium Plus that has been formatted with dformat
(dformat -win:c800 -ipl:ipl.rom -s:doc514.exb -bdkf0:clara.rom
-bdkl0:256K -bdkn0:CLRA -y). It has been running for some time with 2.4.21
kernel and M-Systems TrueFFS driver. It uses the FAT filesystem.

If I mount it with 2.6.5+mtd it also works flawlessly.

Problems occur if I try to mount it again with 2.4+trueffs, then the
filesystem is corrupted. Sometimes file listing does not show any of the
files I have written with 2.6.5+mtd, sometimes I get filesystem panic and
I would be told that there was a FAT error.

And ideas?

--
Best regards,
Kalev