patch kernel 2.4.21 (including the arm-linux patch rmk2) with the latest CVS snapshot

Martin Donnelly martin.donnelly at ge.com
Thu Apr 15 04:58:53 EDT 2004

On Thu, 2004-04-15 at 08:57, Tobias Arp wrote:
> i tried to patch my arm linux kernel 2.4.21 (rmk2 patch) with the latest CVS snapshot. I had
> follwing errors:
>
> 1. While making xconfig after patching the kernel (Options: Copy files, update fs) i had a
> problem making xconfig. This kernel release seems not to support elif in Config-files. I
> comment these lines out because they don't affect my configuration. After this it works.

Apply the two attached patches chips-config.patch to
'drivers/mtd/chips/Config.in' and nand-config.patch to
'drivers/mtd/nand/Config.in' which should sort out a couple of syntax
errors. e.g `cd linux-2.4.21; patch -p1 -i chips-config.patch`

Maybe someone can apply these to CVS?

> 2. I get some warnings and errors messages while make zImage:

<snip warnings>

> fs.c: In function `jffs2_gc_fetch_inode':
> fs.c:550: warning: implicit declaration of function `ilookup'
> fs.c:550: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast
> fs/fs.o: In function `jffs2_gc_fetch_inode':
> fs/fs.o(.text+0x61f10): undefined reference to `ilookup'
> make: *** [vmlinux] Fehler 1
>
> Has someone made the same experience ?

You need a patch to the kernel for this you can download it from
http://linux.bkbits.net:8080/linux-2.4/cset@1.1136.44.19?nav=index.html|ChangeSet@-9M

HTH
--
Martin Donnelly