Losing inodes in DOC2000 w/ext2 fs?

jmrobert5 at mchsi.com jmrobert5 at mchsi.com
Wed Apr 14 13:12:57 EDT 2004

Hi all,

I have been having an issue with a ext2 fs on a DOC2000.  If I overwrite a file
being marked as used by a process (such as a lib), the file is cached and then
later flushed at a reboot.  But then there are many unused inodes hanging
around.  The result is my flash upgrades leave many inodes marked as being used,
using more space.

Is this another effect that is talked about in the FAQ?  Or the real question,
is this a file system issue, or an MTD doc driver issue?  The FAQ leads me to
believe its a ext2 issue.

Will using JFFS2 solve this problem?

Many thanks,
--