Changing the number of JFFS2 erasblocks?

Steven Scholz steven.scholz at imc-berlin.de
Thu Apr 8 12:45:32 EDT 2004

Thomas Gleixner wrote:

> On Thursday 08 April 2004 15:10, Steven Scholz wrote:
>
>>We need some place to store a few configuration files (ca. 50KB compressed
>>each) for our application. These 320KB are unused so I thought we could use
>>it for this dedicated purpose instead of wasting space (and poluting) on
>>our root fs...
>>

> Is this data which changes a lot ? Do you really need a r/w filesystem ?

I assumed we'll store up to 5 files. And change them at maximum once
everyday. But this might be worst case. Maybe we (our costumers) change them
once a week...

I think I need a r/w filesystem because we need easy random access. CRAMFS
or ramdisk is no option.

--
Steven Scholz

imc Measurement & Control               imc Meßsysteme GmbH
Voltastr. 5                             Voltastr. 5
13355 Berlin                            13355 Berlin
Germany                                 Deutschland