Changing the number of JFFS2 erasblocks?

Steven Scholz steven.scholz at imc-berlin.de
Thu Apr 8 08:38:55 EDT 2004

Hi there,

I have 320KB of unused flash in our embedded systems. Now I want to make use
of them using an read/write filesystem by updating the kernel.

Since it's flash I need some fs that's aware of the flash wearing problem.
So I guess that leaves only JFFS2.

My problem is that the 5 erase blocks set by default will eat up the whole
320KB and leaves no free space. And IIRC there's no way to pass the number
of eraseblocks during mount.

Could I hardcode the number of eraseblocks to 1 in my new (but still old
2.4.20) kernel? Where is it defined?
And what happens to my root fs which is JFFS2 when I change that?

Thanks a million,

Steven