redhat 9, doc 2000

Selwyn Tang selwyn at hectrix.com
Mon Sep 29 22:00:59 EDT 2003

Hi John,

On 09/29/2003 10:05 PM, Chiasson, John wrote:
> me to an example for booting the redhat 9 kernel from the doc?  I tried
> copying the /boot tree over, but no joy.

Did you copy the kernel image (like bzImage) to your doc and configure
the grub settings on your doc correctly?

I put my bzImage in /boot and in grub/menu.lst I have the following:

title DiskOnChip 2000
	root (dc0,0)
	kernel /boot/bzImage ro root=/dev/nftla1

When you can boot from doc using grub, that's a good start. You may
actually edit the boot command line when grub is booted. It supports
auto-completion for you to easily locate your kernel image.

Hope this helps!

Selwyn