raw nand on x86 - reference boards

daniel at dmhome.net daniel at dmhome.net
Mon Sep 29 05:37:44 EDT 2003

On Mon, 2003-09-29 at 17:22, David Woodhouse wrote:
> On Mon, 2003-09-29 at 17:16 +0800, Daniel Toussaint wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Does anyone know where I can find an x86 based sbc with nand chips on
> > board(NOT implemented as ide flash disk) OR maybe an ISA/pci add-on card
> > of some sort ? I need it to do a proof of concept , write some drivers
> > and a bootloader (x86 legacy bios extension)  ....
>
> A DiskOnChip 2000 or Millennium sounds like an ideal answer for this.
I am familiar with those devices(we are using them in our current
designs), we are looking to replace them with raw nand - As you
recomended me a couple of months ago, in a discussion we had on this
list, concerning jffs2 on diskonchip devices.
So actually, the design people at my company are ready to switch to
using this kind of flash - only I'll need some working sample to
convince them, especially with regard to booting.