compilation problems with Kernel 2.4.20-8

Andrew Cilia acilia at ptl.com.mt
Fri Sep 26 08:11:34 EDT 2003

Continuing on from this posting, I have managed to compile the mtd
components against 2.4.20-8 (RH Ver 9) but still haven't managed to do the
same with jffs2.  I have shelved the latter and am looking at getting nftl
working over mtd. In this regard, I am seeing /dev/mtd0 and have run
nftl_format on it. When I reboot, I get a message re: no valid partition
information for nftla. I have not compiled mtd partitioning into the kernel
so could this be the problem here? Is mtd partitioning mandatory? I also
see nftla1 coming up on boot but I do not have this under /dev. Do I need
devfs up and running also or is it just a matter of running MAKEDEV?

Thanks.

Email: acilia at mail.ptl.com.mt