missing function 'unlikely'

Luca Contini luca.contini at mediaenabling.com
Mon Sep 15 04:23:55 EDT 2003

> At 10:12 +0200 09-09-2003, Luca Contini wrote:
> >Hi all,
> >I've downloaded the snapshot 2003-08-28 and I'm trying to use it with
kernel
> >2.4.18.
> >The mtdblock module is compiled with no problems but when i try to insert
it I
> >get this error:
> >'unresolved symbol unlikely'
> >I've done a grep on the entire kernel tree but with no result.
>
> Which version of gcc are you using ?
>
> unlikely() is an optimization hint to the compiler, telling it that
> the conditional statement in question is expected to be false.
>
> As a hack, you can disable it by including
>
> #define unlikely(x) (x)
>
> in the affected source files. I would suggest upgrading your tools,
though.

Hi,
thank you very much, I've successfully fixed the above problem... but there
is another one:

** mtd_blkdevs.o: unresolved symbol mtd_table_mutex **
** mtd_blkdevs.o: unresolved symbol mtd_table **

The mtdcore.c source should export those symbols... but there is no way to
insert mtd_blkdevs.o module without this error.
Any suggestion?

Luca