h1910 NAND

joshua at dashnine.joshuawise.com joshua at dashnine.joshuawise.com
Fri Sep 12 08:06:16 EDT 2003

NAND flash seems to work on the iPAQ h1910. Things of note:

* h1910 has ALE and CLE muxed on the address lines, and chip select
connected to a real chip select. This means a few things, notably that we
can't cache IO_ADDR_R in a declared register variable any more the way I
have implemented it. It also means that chipselect in hwcontrol is a nop,
as the CPU will manage that for us.

* Not certain what type of ECC we should be using. Had to comment out the
WARNING: Not using ECC is not recommended! message (or something like
that) so that my dmesg wasn't flooded with those when I tried to read from
flash.

Code is in handhelds.org linux/kernel26 CVS.

Have fun,
/j