zlib versions

david stevenson david at avoncliff.com
Thu Oct 30 16:03:42 EST 2003

Could someone please educate me on zlib?

I can compile kernel 2.4.21 with MTD updated from tarball 20031021 with jff2
with no errors.
But when I try and compile the utils from the same tar ball, using the same
kernel headers I get error file not found zlib.h.

I can compile the utils against the kernel headers on my host 2.4.20 without
error. But I guess then the binaries will not run on the target machine?

The difference appears to be linux/zlib v1.1.3 or /zlib v1.1.4 but I am not
sure what I should use to get utils that run.
Thanks
David