Different nand interface

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Mon Oct 27 15:55:06 EST 2003

What is wrong with your mail user agent? It's customary to wrap lines at
seventy-something characters; not to wrap them at 90 then again at 70,
giving alternate 70-char and 20-char lines... :)

On Mon, 2003-10-27 at 12:43 -0800, Alice Hennessy wrote:
> The hardware logic uses register access for special commands.
> Readid,
> status does
> 2 writes to a register, one for address (to distinquish which flash),
> one for
> command and one more
> to read.  Erase takes 2 writes to a register, address then command.
> The
> out-of-band access
> uses a register to give a command and then the out-of-band data is
> read using
>
> readb with  offset.

That's just bizarre. I don't think I want to ask _why_ they did this.

You may be able to massage this into the generic NAND code; you can
override nand_command() completely. I suspect you won't be using much of
the generic code if you do that though. You might end up just writing a
standalone driver.

--
dwmw2