amd_flash.c faster than cfi_cmdset_0002.c

Thayne Harbaugh tharbaugh at lnxi.com
Fri Oct 24 10:19:04 EDT 2003

On Fri, 2003-10-24 at 06:39, Subash Kalbarga wrote:
> Hi all
>
> We have an AM29LV641MH 8 meg flash on board and looking at performance,
> using amd_flash.c seems to make things considerably faster when writing to
> the flash.
>
> I am using the 2.4.18 kernel.

The first thing I recommend is moving to something newer: both kernel
and MTD drivers.  The latest version of cfi_cmdset_0002.c is r1.91.  I
have no idea what is in the 2.4.18 kernel (and I'm too lazy to go find
out).

Once you do some testing with the latest version then we will have a
basis for performance comparison.  Let me know what you find.

--
Thayne Harbaugh
Linux Networx