Regression of mtd/chips/jedec_probe.c in 2.6.0-test7

Thayne Harbaugh tharbaugh at lnxi.com
Thu Oct 23 11:56:44 EDT 2003

On Wed, 2003-10-22 at 18:43, Christopher Hoover wrote:
> > There's one more fragment where cfi->device_type should
> > revert back to CFI_DEVICETYPE_X8
>
> OK, now I'm confused.  Revert *back* to CFI_DEVICETYPE_X8?
>
> I though we were going the other direction.

Okay, I didn't read the patch hunks very closely.  We really want to
move *from* cfi->device_type *to* CFI_DEVICETYPE_X8.  Do me a favor,
check out jedec_probe.c v1.36 from CVS and try that - yes, I know,
you've already mentioned that v1.32 worked, but trying 1.36 will be
helpful.

--
Thayne Harbaugh
Linux Networx