2.2.18 status + jffs2

david stevenson david at avoncliff.com
Thu Oct 23 15:40:22 EDT 2003

Hi
I am very new to this and am having problems understanding the current
position.
I am trying to build a linux system for a amd cs400 based system with amd
29f016 chips as the root fs.
I have the mtd-jffs-howto dated aug2001 and the mtd-patch-2.2.18 of 20001218,
but following the instructions gives me compile errors with __exit. So I have
added #define __exit to fix these and now I get "undefined reference to
init_mtd". Looking through this list archives I find in feb2001 reference to
changing the method of init calls. But I guess I do not have this change.
I did try applying the current CVS patch file, but it refuses to run on
2.2.18.

Am I going in the wrong direction?
Is it possible to use jffs2 on these chips in 2.2.18?
The reason for not using a later kernel is problems booting it with the alios
bootloader, but I guess I could revisit those.

If it is practical in 2.2.18 can you advise which patches I should be using.
Thanks
David
PS I am using mtd to write the pcmcia flash card on my host machine which is
working very well - the code is much appreciated.