Mount of jffs2 partition fails

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Tue Oct 14 02:04:57 EDT 2003

On Tue, 2003-10-14 at 17:53 +0000, Robin Gilks wrote:

> / # mount -t jffs2 /dev/mtdblock1 /mnt
> Write clean marker to block at 0x000d0000 failed: -30

-30 is also -EROFS but we don't normally see it there so we don't have a
nice helpful message telling you the reason :)

I have no clue why your flash allows erases but not writes. This is a
flash hardware/driver problem, not JFFS2. Can you do more testing on the
raw /dev/mtd0 device itself using
read/write/ioctl(MEMERASE)/ioctl(MEMUNLOCK) to see what you need to do
to make it work?

--
dwmw2