Nand Flash with 2048 Byte Page sizes

Greg A. Martin gregmartin at lucent.com
Thu Oct 9 18:04:01 EDT 2003

Thanks for suggestion (and volunteering?) to get guidance. I am in the
early stages of porting u-boot with nand support to a PowerPC 405GP
system. I am currently just trying to make sure the hardware is designed
properly.  Any suggestions are welcome. My biggest concern now (and
ignorance) is how to allocate the spare bytes for the additional ecc
required
for the larger page size. Another question I have is the current structures
(nand_chip and/or nand_flash_dev) don't seem to have enough information
about
the number of column address bytes and page address bytes that need to be
sent
to the device.