redhat 9, doc 2000

Michael McLellan mikey at bur.st
Mon Oct 6 18:00:51 EDT 2003

On Mon, 6 Oct 2003, Slim wrote:

> I've tried now to boot the hard disk based kernel to allow editing to
> try the above, but the doc-grub always loads despite changing the boot
> device in the bios setup.  Now I can't boot from the hard drive unless I
> disable all access to the doc.  Any workaround?

When you get to the grub shell you can do something like:

root (hd0)
chainloader +1
boot

This will make grub start booting from the first sector of hd0, which is
probably where your harddisk is.

This is where I'm up to, I cannot get grub to recognise the DoC, the only
devices I have avalible is (fd0) and (hd0) :(

Mikey.