redhat 9, doc 2000

Slim slimaffi at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 6 17:34:35 EDT 2003

> Did you copy the kernel image (like bzImage) to your doc and
configure
> the grub settings on your doc correctly?

I copied the entire /boot to the doc.

> I put my bzImage in /boot and in grub/menu.lst I have the following:
>
> title DiskOnChip 2000
> 	root (dc0,0)
> 	kernel /boot/bzImage ro root=/dev/nftla1

This is the part I wasn't sure about.

> When you can boot from doc using grub, that's a good start. You may
> actually edit the boot command line when grub is booted. It supports
> auto-completion for you to easily locate your kernel image.

I've tried now to boot the hard disk based kernel to allow editing to
try
the above, but the doc-grub always loads despite changing the boot
device
in the bios setup.  Now I can't boot from the hard drive unless I
disable
all access to the doc.  Any workaround?

Thanks,
John