high cpu usage using nftl for DOC2000

Selwyn Tang selwyn at hectrix.com
Thu Oct 2 22:07:06 EDT 2003

Hi Edward,

On 10/02/2003 02:54 PM, edward jose wrote:
> i don't know if any one else experience this, i have a doc2000 with linux
> 2.4.17 kernel compiled with mtd and doc modules. i use the kernel to boot
> the doc2000 everything is ok, but when i check the cpu load, it uses all the

I experienced the same problem recently. I notice that whenever I try to
access the DOC, the process [nftla] starts to use up all the cpu time.
Right now I am suspecting that it is the problem with the filesystem on
the DOC. Sometimes, after running e2fsck on my ext2 partition on the
DOC, the problem just goes away. I have this problem both in 2.4.22 and
2.4.17, both patched with mtd snapshots of different dates. Therefore, I
 think it is a problem with the mtd driver.

Any ideas are appreciated.

Selwyn