DiskOnChip 2000 conflicts with Native CFI?

Don Hiatt don at motorola.com
Mon Nov 24 10:51:35 EST 2003

Hello,

I have SA1110 board (based on Intrinsyc's cerfboard) that I am
trying to get a 384MB DOC (2000, in DIP package) to work with.
The DOC leaves on CS2 so has an base address of 0x10000000 and is
attached to the address bus shifted up 2 lines as per M-SYS tech
note. For the life of me, I am unable to get this thing working.
My question is, it appears that the CFI interface uses the same
major/minor number as the DOC (90,0). Is it possible to use CFI
and DOC at the same time? When I rebuild the kernel (2.4.9 with all
the ARM patches) and configure it to look for the DOC at 0x10000000
it does not seem to see the DOC.

I would certainly appreciate any and all comments or suggestions. :)

Cheers,

don