REF_PRISTINE node ...

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Wed Nov 19 12:09:35 EST 2003

On Wed, 2003-11-19 at 08:38 -0800, Sherwin Liu wrote:
> "REF_PRISTINE node at XX had a previous non-hole frag
> in the same page. Tell dwmw2."
>
> Is this just a debugging message, or is it an
> indication of something wrong?

It's basically harmless, and should be gone if you update to the current
CVS JFFS2 code.

A while ago, I implemented a garbage-collection optimisation; if a node
is expected to be identical when we write out a replacement, we can
avoid decompressing and recompressing it if we just copy the whole thing
intact. So I start keeping track of such 'pristine' nodes which were an
optimal representation of their data... and that message warns me of one
case where such a node marked REF_PRISTINE but shouldn't have been.

--
dwmw2