DOC2000 + PPM-TX166 (PATCH)

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Wed Nov 5 19:24:16 EST 2003

On Wed, 2003-11-05 at 11:20 -0600, Jim Duchek wrote:
> I traced the problem down to the cond_resched() in WaitReady in
> doc2000.c.  Removing cond_resched() made the problem go away (and the
> system unresponsive while doing any DoC access).  Replacing the
> udelay(1) and cond_resched() with a yield() fixes everything.

Very strange. Calling yield() really isn't what we want there; we wanted
cond_resched(). What if you leave the cond_resched() and remove the
udelay()? What if you make the udelay() larger?

When the system is locked up as you described, can you hit SysRq-T to
see the backtrace of the stuck thread, and show me the (decoded) output.

Does the same happen even with the current CVS code?

--
dwmw2