CFI fixup code

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Mon May 26 04:48:01 EDT 2003

On Fri, 2003-05-23 at 23:50, Stuart Menefy wrote:
> Folks
>
> Having been bitten several times now by buggy CFI data in various chips, I
> thought I'd try and come up with an generic mechanism for working round
> this problem.

Me Likee. Thanks. One comment though...

+	if (extp->MajorVersion != '1' ||
+	    (extp->MinorVersion < '0' || extp->MinorVersion > '3')) {

You've made it accept CFI table versions 1.0 through 1.3 for _all_
chips, while some were only accepting 1.0->1.2 before.

That's probably not a problem since they _ought_ to be
backward-compatible, but if we actually trusted the hardware
manufacturers to display a modicum of intelligence, we wouldn't have had
that check there at all. And you wouldn't have been writing this patch
in the first place. I'm happy to remove it and perhaps reinstate it if
it ever actually bites.

Other than that, it looks fine. Please go ahead and commit it.

--
dwmw2